The Fire This Time

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I was down near Adams & Western when what to my wondering eyes did appear but a fast burning fire that sent smoke in the air...


The fire soon became the center of attention across the city...


For job-related reasons I had to head west while the fire burned. Looking skyward as I and my work partner drove along Jefferson Boulevard, an oily, brackish cloud broke off from the main plume and headed south, then hovered for a time before it was slowly inhaled into the lungs of my fellow Angelenos.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


My favorite image: An L.A. Metro Hospital sign (this facility is where a lot of patients from skidrow end up) in the foreground, smoke from the fire deep in the background, and inbetween on the lower right a grinning skull bearing witness to all. Definitely an L.A. moment!

+++

Fellow Atwater Village blogger Atwater Village Newbie has a post up with images taken from a closer perspective. Nicely done, AVN!

+++

Comments

-K- said…
Wow - every blogger in LA is posting fire photos. I('m just going from one fire link to another.)

Mine fire photo is at http://jimsonweed.blogspot.com/