My Liberal Brain

Life is simple for the liberal brain
Just smoking dope with the ghost of Hussein
Dancing naked in the October rain
Oh, yeah
Oh, yeah

The days are easy for the liberal kind
They stick the gods where the moon doesn't shine
They just make love and drink all the wine
Oh, yeah
Oh, yeah

Just give me an hour with a conservative man
Let me bask in the glorious plans
We'll turn the world into a Vietnam
But without the Vietnamese
Oh, please
Oh, please

They think we came from the ape family
That we were swinging in our Family Tree
That there wasn't an Adam and Eve
Oh, no
Oh, no

Just give me leaders who know who the boss is
Just give me free market fuck what the cost is
Show me the money and I'll show you what "is" is
Oh, no
Oh, no

Just turn me loose in the halls of power
Just let me climb high up in the tower
Just let me ring the bells every hour
Oh, yeah
Oh, yeah
Fuck yeah...

Life is simple for the liberal brain
Just smoking dope with the ghost of Hussein
Dancing naked in the October rain
Oh, yeah
Oh, yeah

***

Note: a fellow commenter made the comment about "a liberal brain" and did so in a disparaging fashion.  I like the idea of a liberal brain and a conservative asshole.  Makes sense to me.  

***


Comments

Joe Visionary said…
... wow ...

I was going through some old files, and I found links to Jesus's General, with you, Dave von Ebers, Bukko in Australia/Bukko Canukko, Democommie, et al.

This was a particularly reflective lot who had no illusions about the world around them, and possessed the articulateness to voice their minds.

I'm delighted to see you're still writing.
Hilfiger Tout said…
+1. I ran through a song the other day that has your lyrics, written and recorded in the days of the General. I like your posts, and am ready to do another such song. I'll try to be in touch.