Take it away!

they took away my carbine
they took away my car
they stole all my white lightning
i had stored inside a jar

they took away my memory
i forget the reason why
they took away my dignity
now all i do is cry

(chorus)
cry, cry, cry
my country's gone away
cry, cry, cry
it's been buried in a grave
if i can't have a magazine
or better yet a drum
i might have a conniption fit
and cry until i'm numb

they took away my bible
i had hoped to read someday
they took away dear santa claus
when i got to the 8th grade

they took away my equity
when the market had a fit
they took away my favorite steer
and left me with his shit

(repeat chorus)

they took away my pappy
after the old man died
to be fair he began to smell
a truth i won't deny

they took away my country
that was mine by divine right
sometimes i hear the natives
crying in the night

(repeat chorus)

Comments