That Night

I saw the lights go on outside
After the sun just up and died
I saw everybody crying
That night

The streets were filled with wanderers
Moving in waves, decorated dancers
We held a flame aloft
That night

(chorus)
Heaven is a ghost town
Not even ghosts around
Just some guy with a badge
And a rodeo clown
Goodbye heaven
Come on down

I saw angels descending
I saw people’s arms extending
Please, please take me up
That night

The angels fell into the ocean
We all followed with the motion
The tide just ebbed and flowed
That night

(repeat chorus)

We saw the angels sailing
We all stood against the railing
And waved goodbye
That night

We turned into the darkness
Searched for lovers we could kiss
We put off bliss no longer
That night

(repeat chorus)

++++

lyrics by mjs

++++

Comments