The Marriage of Heaven & Hell

"Here at Apostolic, you are blessed to worship in a house that has been founded on the rock of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior."

Barack Obama
June 15, 2008

++++

Barack was the featured speaker at Apostolic Church of God on Chicago's South Side on Father's Day.

When you're a preacher you can say any crazy thing you like. But Obama is a politician, so he can say any crazy thing he likes and if you don't want McCain in November you have to eat it like all the rest of the shit you've had to eat.

Fuck this.

++++

Comments

Wiglaf said…
Fuck this!

My, that is refreshing.

(When Barack Obama comes up as a subject at dinner parties and the like, I restrain myself to "deeply pessimistic")
mjs said…
Thank you for the link. I cannot remember hearing a Democratic candidate for President ever saying "Our lord & savior Jesus Christ." I took exception to this on a thread over at HuffPo--I whipped up a hornet's nest as comment after comment pointed out what an ass I was, perhaps more than partly deserved. It's all just presumptive and fabulist lunacy to me.

Obama's economic plan? Doesn't the rubric of "hope" cover that...? Eh, not so much.

So far Chicago has given us Straussian Neocons, Upton Sinclair's "The Jungle" and now Friedman's Follies. Oy vey. At least there's the Cubs...

++++
Anonymous said…
"Our abiding respect for all forms of bronze age superstition" cf. Doghouse Riley. . .

-Oscar